08-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #75
Migelito
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535xi 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
M-Sport's have the black tips. If you're unsatisfied I would return to the dealer and have them fix it. The car should be quite quiet at normal cruising speed. Neither of our 535i's (one is an M-Sport, the other a base) make a sound unless I stomp the loud pedal and get into the upper rpm. The mufflers weren't disconnected, they were probably removed.
just to make sure: on your M-sport, when you drive comfort mode without hammering the pedal (soft old-lady driving style), you do not experience the gradual increase of the low frequency drone from 1300 rpm with a peak at ~1800-2000 rpm with a subsequent disappearance of the drone close to 2500 rpm? On your car the noise is pretty much the same throughout 1-3k rpm?

If i do a soft-lady driving, the change of the gears in comfort mode takes place between 1.8-2k rpm, and therefore the drone is pretty much always there until 90 mph. In the sport mode I can't complain at all cause the shifting takes place between 2.2-3k rpm or higher and the rpms are never below 2k no matter how soft I am driving...

I feel you're right about the mufflers but I can't comment on that as I have no idea what they had done or pretended to.