View Single Post
      11-22-2018, 02:29 AM   #38
Borracho
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk View Post
For the price, it is the best you can get. I expect a certain level of hassle with Route 66 or any other aftermarket warranty for issues like labor charges, using alternative and less expensive parts, going to the dealer vs an indy, etc. The one issue that is a pet peeve of mine with Route 66 is their "oil seepage" coverage or lack thereof. If for example your valve covers leak, they will tell you it is a "normal oil seepage", even if they never saw the oil leak or know how bad it is. When they've declined the claim that the dealer submitted for the oil leaks, I called them to argue about it. Immediately the rep was trying to deny coverage by pointing to the oil seepage clause in their contract and trying to get me off the phone. But I din't give up and I was very persistent. Several phone calls and emails with pictures attached with proof showing that this is an oil leak and not an oil seepage, and they finally approved the repair (albeit for $400 less than what the dealer charged). However, it was worth the hassle as this was close to a $5K job that they paid for.
I've recently bought it again for my newly acquired 2013 535i (from penfed for $2995) knowing that I will most likely get my money's worth in repairs over the next 5 years. The 535i is a fine car but it will most likely need a water pump, HPFP, bushings, gaskets, etc. and although I have been a DIYer all my life, being a very busy 50+ year old and DIY for harder, time consuming jobs doesn't work for me anymore.
Wow, you expect to have more than 3 grand in covered repairs? Like you, I don't have time, or desire, for time consuming jobs anymore. I will do brakes and other short repairs if I feel like it.

I just wish we didn't have to hassle to get warranty repairs. Even new car warranty repairs are a pain. Half the time the mechanics in the dealer's shops don't seem to have a clue...
Appreciate 0