Hbimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmer5 View Post
Hi,

I am in Vancouver, Canada.

I am purchasing a non-CPO 2016 535i xDrive from a bmw dealer. From the outside it is good condition, has done 59000 kms and has warranty till Dec 2019.

The dealer has done the routine 175 point check and put new tires and brakes.

Should I purchase the bmw comprehensive 2-year extended warranty? Will cost me about CAD $3500 + taxes.

Thanks.
I am new in the BMW world. I purchased a 2014 535i pre owned not CPO due to the condition and maintenance record (40k miles).
While checking the maintenance record with the service department, I confirmed everything was okay with the last service being the replacement of the shift knob, $1900! It was functional, but some of the lights were not working according to the report.
Well, I decided to spend the $3800 since this car was not new. I lease my cars, but I could not justify the lease program for a new 5 series.
The warranty is from Porsche, not BMW.
My car is sittting at the stealer waiting on parts.
Over $3k of parts and labor. I love this thing, but without knowledge and proper tools, I would never have BMW without warranty. They will cover everything under the warranty. (Electrical issues) do your research and if you are like me, get a reliable warranty in the market. Mine is almost free now if you calculate I am driving a brand new x3 as a loaner and put almost 1k miles on that thing.
Appreciate 0