View Single Post
      06-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #110
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Addressing some stuff...

I opted for the upgrade in our 2012 but won't pay the $200 yearly for services my wife won't use. I still get traffic reports. BMW changed the subscriptions for the NBT (LCI) cars and I pay $50 for traffic and $50 for BMW Online. I have no need for the concierge services.

You need the APPS option (something like 6NR) to access, well, apps. Both our cars have it, though there is something going on with ConnectedDrive at the moment.

The regular seats are more softly sprung than the comfort seats. It almost feels like an old Buick seat.

The only time the NAV let me down was in Asheville, N.C. trying to find the Biltmore Mansion. My phone wasn't any better. I really like the directions in the HUD. As wcr3d said, the maps are upgradeable. I purchased a lifetime (required) FSC for something like $20 and the map software is free from various places. I update every couple of revisions; my 2014 is on 19-1 and when 20-1 comes out I'll probably install that update. The FSC is VIN specific.

And as was said, iDrive has been around for a long time. The version you'll want in the F10 is NBT. I have both NBT and CIC and the NBT is much better, IMHO. The version in the G30 is that much better.

The best advise I can give is... DON'T BE A SETTLER!! I settled on my first F10 after a 3 month search. The search for my 2014 took almost 6 months. Had I been more decisive I would have been able to get the ventilated seats.
Appreciate 0