11-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #106
OnlyGerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, F13, F10, E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRod1787 View Post
I bought a 2012 BMW 550I with 70k miles Aug 2019 through private sale. Had a top of the line warranty still on it. Once warranty was transferred to me, I took it to the local BMW dealer. By then I had noticed the high oil consumption and some smoking. Luckily for me the previous owner had meticulous service records. They submitted the case to the warranty and BMW. Car had to stay at the shop as a third party inspector was sent by warranty. Got a call the following week and told BMW is replacing the engine. No cost to me. All in all it took 20 days to get my car back and they provided a loaner the entire time. Based on others specific cases I am happy. I am concerned though as I did not have to pay a percentage nor my warranty deductible. The invoice says replaced engine assembly, bled fluid, cleared adaptations. In the parts it has a lot of gaskets, exhaust manifold,exchange short engine, 2 installation kits, and lots of other parts. Does this sound like an engine replacement or just work done on the engine? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
These are questions for your SA...You should of asked this before they even touched your car. How do you not know if BMW or your extended warranty paid? Seems like you do not ask ANY questions and go along with whatever the dealer does.
Appreciate 0