View Single Post
      05-02-2020, 10:45 PM   #1
Czarcasm
Rucci
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2018 Nissan Altima SL

Possible Issues with buying 550i?

Hi! I recently came across this 13' 550i for sale with around 54k miles on the odo and was wondering if it is a good idea to purchase a car with the N63 engine? Or would it be a smarter idea to go with a 528 or 535i? I've been back and forth between 3/4/5 series and can't pick one but currently, I'm leaning more towards the 5 series. I know BMW has a Customer Care Pkg for the N63 engines (I don't know If they are still honoring it). Along with that, I don't know if the repairs that BMW will make under the N63 (CCP) engine will make it reliable enough to surpass 100k miles. I heard the "recall" includes BMW checking and/or replacing the following items: checking the timing chain for stretching and replacing it if necessary, replacing the fuel injectors, mass air flow sensors, crankcase vent lines, battery, engine vacuum pump, and low-pressure fuel sensor. I just wanted to know if buying this particular car would be a bad idea...I don't think the vehicle has had this "recall" performed yet. I also heard that this repair could take up to two weeks (which I'd be fine with if the car would be solid afterward). I just wanted to know if I should run from this car or hop on it before it gets sold. Thanks.