View Single Post
      05-04-2020, 11:00 AM   #17
kohsin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Hi! I recently came across this 13' 550i for sale with around 54k miles on the odo and was wondering if it is a good idea to purchase a car with the N63 engine? Or would it be a smarter idea to go with a 528 or 535i? I've been back and forth between 3/4/5 series and can't pick one but currently, I'm leaning more towards the 5 series. I know BMW has a Customer Care Pkg for the N63 engines (I don't know If they are still honoring it). Along with that, I don't know if the repairs that BMW will make under the N63 (CCP) engine will make it reliable enough to surpass 100k miles. I heard the "recall" includes BMW checking and/or replacing the following items: checking the timing chain for stretching and replacing it if necessary, replacing the fuel injectors, mass air flow sensors, crankcase vent lines, battery, engine vacuum pump, and low-pressure fuel sensor. I just wanted to know if buying this particular car would be a bad idea...I don't think the vehicle has had this "recall" performed yet. I also heard that this repair could take up to two weeks (which I'd be fine with if the car would be solid afterward). I just wanted to know if I should run from this car or hop on it before it gets sold. Thanks.
I have 13 550 with 62 k. CCP has fixed most of the issues and all oil pan gaskets are replaced under extend warranty. Valve gaskets are also replaced couple months ago under the settlement. The car runs great now.
Yes, get extend warranty for sure..
Appreciate 0