View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 10:58 PM   #11
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Today I got a good bit of work done. I started off doing a full car flash. I only had the firmware from 07/18 instead of the latest firmware but it should not matter. I flashed everything except the stuff I am ripping out for the nbt evo and also the cas so I can make aftermarket keys for my car. I used an S class attached to jumper cables to power the car during the flash.

When the car was under it's own steam the alternator was peaking at over 15v. The battery in the car looks original! People complain about the IBS system but it made the battery last 9 years. I ordered a Bosch AGM battery for $175 with tax and core charge.

Next thing I tackled was starting to get my nbt evo in the car. I bought a F10 Carsystems NBT adapter with most a while back for a hefty sum of $500 USD. I always had good luck with their stuff but their service kinda sucks. The included most cable that needs to go from the ZGW to the box was too short. Thankfully I had a jumbo most cable sitting around and the excess fit in the little radio cubby.

The evo is powered up but I still need to wire in the ATM for telematics. That is my e90 nbt screen. The touch screen order got canceled but I found a none touch screen for $45 shipped.

The rear seats are a bit heavy and were difficult to get out of the car.

url=https://postimg.cc/Th6VJJ89][/url]

The door sill trim was on there really good. It made it difficult to run the atm wires to the evo. The build quality on this thing is much better than my E90s.

I quickly rigged up the wiring and I got connected drive weather to load up!

I then pulled the center console trim and found that the key antenna was not even plugged in and that there is a screw missing. This solved my key issue!

I put the rear seats back in but I forgot to put in the trunk liner. Looks like they have to come back out when
I work on the car next.

The tools to do the spark plugs and injectors come in next week and I have an appointment at the dealer to get the fuel pump and OFHG recalls done. The lady on the phone didn't want my vehicle info so I am not sure if they stock all of the recall parts or if she just didn't care. Something tells me I am going to have a loaner for a few extra days while they wait for parts.
Appreciate 2