dzz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi, MHD Stage 2+

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
This looks great. Looks like you also updated your gauges and nav to the digital from the G30 series?? How much of a PITA was that?
Thank you! Updating instrument cluster is an easy swap, it can be done in 10-15 min (one cable to connect for cluster and 2nd one for the HUD) and another 15 min for E-sys coding. Replacing instrument cluster consists pulling 2 metal tabs, disconnecting 2 wires, reconnecting wires to a new cluster and sliding the cluster back in its place.

For the navigation, I have installed MMI unit (number of vendors sells them for between $220-$240, they are Andream, IndiWork.co.kr, Carlinkit and RoadTop. Bimmertech's MMI Prime has identical unit look and functionality like the ones mentioned above, but it is $650. I have Bimmertech's MMI Prime with the front view camera and other than the phone support that Bimmertech has, there is no difference between these products. This is a good thread on that topic https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1675929

Installing MMI unit took probably an hour (not difficult) and installing front view camera (mounting it, running wire from bottom of the front bumper, through the engine bay, through the firewall and routing it under driver's knee airbag and below steering wheel to car stereo area and connecting and testing it took another 1.5 hrs. If I would have to do it again, I could do it in half that time.
So overall, it wasn't really difficult.
Appreciate 0