Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounceme View Post
Very nice car, and cool mods
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodride1 View Post
Very nice build. Thanks for sharing. Thinking of the same lip for my 2015 535x-drive. Was it easy initial installation? How about the removal process? Appreciate your thoughts because I would likely change out like you have with change in seasons. I'm located in a far north suburb of Chicago.

Thank you for your time,

Dennis
Thanks! The Maxxton front lip is mounted by screws or bolts from the bottom of the bumper. If you would only drill small holes and use plastic screws for fastening, then it would be very easy unistall. No tape or glue is needed for the fastening which makes it easy to remove. It didn't either leave any marks to the visible paint work.

In my case, 6 mm holes were drilled to the bottom of the bumper and 6mm bolts and nuts with washers were used. In this case I needed to remove the plastic trim under the engine to get access to the bottom side nuts of the front lip. So a bit more work and not fun to be done if you can't get the whole car lifted up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian View Post
Beautiful! Welcome wagoon buddy!

What does the gfb diverter do in terms of noise? Got vids of the sounds?
Thanks! No video clip available at the moment, sorry. The GFB DV+ may give a slightly louder sound but it's not worth installing just for sound. It's still recirculating the air inside the intake system, so it's not a blow off valve that would release the pressure to ambient. The main point is that the DV+ will keep the diverter valve reliably fully closed also with higher than stock boost pressure levels. Another point is that it's closing faster than the standard diverter valve.
Appreciate 0