02-07-2021, 11:11 PM   #5
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
If you need help, feel free to ask...wiring up to the JBE and clockspring is not that hard...sourcing the right clockspring might be challenging...I haven't seen too many used on eBay....I've been looking.

On another forum, there is thread on wiring up the Automatic High Beam feature which requires a new clock spring....

BTW, my picture above looks like an M5 interior...because it is, but it's an M5 interior in an F10 535.....
Ok I will take you up on the help whenever I start this project, thank you!

But for now, I would like to clear up some of the part names if you don't mind.

I don't know if the part you are referring to as the clock spring is what this part is (#61319354047, the one I listed in my post), or is it a different part "inside" that part that has the control arms/steering column (I know that's a confusing sentence). I couldn't find much of a further breakdown on realoem.

I don't mind having to buy the entire part (around $600 US) if that makes it easier for wiring. If it is in fact Part# 61319354047:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/61319354047/

I just don't know if that part is the correct one or the one that is just like mine that doesn't have the pinouts for the heating/vibrating (the pic angles on ECS aren't helpful in determining that).

I thought I would just have to buy the clockspring/control arm part, and the column heater switch. But you are saying I have to wire up the clockspring to the JBE. I assume there's a part number for that harness. If so I'll do some research, any help there would be welcomed of course.

Thanks
Appreciate 0