Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
200/140 is that good
Probably for the weekly high score at a nearby emergency room! Seriously, get thee to a medical professional...stat...before you wind up a crippled lump like me from heart failure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
129/82 this morning. That’s actually much lower than what it’s been. Happy with that.
Almost clinically normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Mine will squeeze so tight it hurts and it won’t release for a long time! The way they do it at the Doc’s office takes only a few seconds. Mine at home takes up to 45 seconds. Not sure if that’s right or not.
ALL automatic BP machines (including the ones in the hospital) have problems picking up the pulse when you have an abnormal rhythm or weak pulse from heart failure. They severely over-shoot the pressure on the inflate (sometimes over 200 PSI), and then listen on the longer deflate to get the start/stop pulse measurements.

Every doctor's office that I visit uses a manual cuff and stethoscope. Even the nurses were having a problem hearing my pulse for a year or so after my last hospital stay. FWIW, all of my BP machines are reliable now that my ticker has recovered a little function.

On a side note, my DW has our elderly neighbor's ReliOn BP machine here today for a battery change. It over-shot to 155 on the inflate, and measured 112/78 on the deflate which seems plausible at this time of day. Never used that brand before.....