View Single Post
      11-11-2021, 12:35 PM   #42
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's for sure , Mercedes won't share their top-secrets !

On the other hand : The 2021 HONDA PU can handle extreme high temps very well.

The Mercedes PU mistakes began at Silverstone .
It was there for the first time where Mercedes was using the air sensor trick , to get more warp-speed power .
Shortly after Silverstone , the other teams noticed via GPS data that the Merc ran suddenly 20 kph faster on the straights !
Even stronger was the fact that the Merc's run faster without DRS than the other cars with DRS !
BOT is/was still the Mercedes test mule , and it 'seems to work during the QF sessions in combination with the 'Turbo-Upgrade !
That's why BOT can pull the pole with the full power mappings , but during the race over a longer period of time , it's there where it goes completely wrong for the Mercedes PU !..
And suddenly Micro Cracks appeared in the Mercedes PU !!!
And lots of Mercedes had to be replaced .
Let us not forget that BOT runs with his 6th PU !

Mercedes threw it in , in the middle of the season to beat MAX , because MAX was leading strong in the WDC and HAM was whining to get more power !
But Mercedes didn't had the necessary time to test it during the pace of a whole race pace and the negative impact of hotter PU temps .

I said this before : Mercedes is playing Russian Roulette , with only one (1) bullet in the chamber !
Well my friend I'll wager Ham will take a new PU for Brazil if it remains dry but what I'm reading about bad weather there for the weekend may make them keep it.
Appreciate 1