View Single Post
      04-01-2022, 07:42 PM   #2
harveje
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i X

i pulled the cover off again and used the tools to re check timing and everything showed good. i pulled the vanos bolt, took it apart, cleaned and reinstalled. Buttoned back up,started the car and let it idle, and NO joy..On a scan tool the intake timing starts at 0 deg and bounces around there for a while, then heads to -60 deg and after it sits there for a while the computer shuts down the turbo and goes into limp mode, at that time the timing returns to 0. Exhaust timing bounces around 0 all the time. I get a 130104 camshaft jammed fault. So now I'm wondering if the timing gear assy is bad?? When I bought the car the turbo rattled like crazy, I knew the chain was questionable and 100% of the time got a turbo low pressure fault and Never any boost... so my thinking is that always put the dme in limp mode and the cam timing gears never advanced that far past 0 deg..Now i'm on the hunt for a oe or low mileage intake cam gear to try.. I ran the service plan and the computer was asking for -40.8 deg kw and seeing -63.77 deg kw @1000rpm.
Appreciate 0