View Single Post
      04-25-2022, 12:43 PM   #10
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

My car came with Nivi2, I retrofitted Nivi3 with paired ECU and Camera from the same car and the filter/emulator. I bought the camera HSD/LVDS wire from Aliexpress and the connectors from Mouser/Digikey and swapped pins from old 12 pin connectors to new 6 pin connectors. With the new camera (slightly smaller/different form factor than Nivi2) I also retrofitted the LCI grill with LCI bracket for Nivi3.

Regarding the Dynamic spot lights, I have not installed them.. yet...

Reason is I have 2011 car with the Pre-LCI front bumper and the spot lights won't fit on it.
I have been contemplating switching to LCI front bumper but I cant find the LCI Alpina spoiler for cheap..so that is on hold.

What you need for the Dynamic Spot lights is CAN3 connection which was only available with LCI cars with Adaptive LED headlights. CAN3 can be enabled in the ZGW as long as it at the right HW/SW level. Not too sure which, as I just bought parts from LCI F10s to retrofit adaptive LED headlights. So I do have CAN3 but can't use it for dynamic spot lights as it will require a full bumper change.
Also, you have to replace your headlight washer jet pipe for one with the extra branch to clean the Nivi camera.

BTW, mikekilpatrick is also a master at this and is in PA, he retrofitted Nivi2 from scratch and is also doing the Nivi3. He intends to enable dynamic spot lights so he can be a great resource for this discussion
Appreciate 1