View Single Post
      05-30-2022, 10:22 AM   #450
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Ground effects wasn't deemed safe back then but technology improved enough where skirts aren't required and now can be implemented safely. So active ride could be made safe, and it'll benefit driver comfort and solve a big issue with modern day ground effects. It'll also help close the gap between the 2022 cars and the cars if the past, iirc the 2017 cars were over a second a lap quicker than the 2022 cars in qualifying at Barcelona.

Edit- it would also really help with low speed performance, something these cars struggle with alot .
Active ride control would make the cars much much faster, especially in corners where most accidents happen. FIA doesn't want that.
I don't think you understand the FIA mindset.
An accident at higher speed has more risc of injury than an accident at lower speed.
Why do you think suspensions were made more basic this year? (and like I wrote, it was already planned for earlier implementation, but at some point postponed a year)
And active suspension control are considered drivers aids. Another thing that the FIA don't want.
You're starting a discussion already held in 1993
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
NYG11051.50