View Single Post
      10-18-2022, 10:37 AM   #8
mbworldz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Hi Qsilver7, the manual blade key is working fine. I have used that a month ago.

This morning I noticed that my fuel door is not closed tight. and stick open a little. And when I put pressure to close it and pressing the unlock button on the remote, I can hear different tones on the motor. I am suspecting it might be some problem from the fuel door causing it.

My main question now is, for 2011 F10 5 series, is there a way to open the fuel door manually?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
If you couldn't open the driver's door with the metal keyblade...you may not be using it correctly.

The manual door lock cylinder in the driver's door should lock/unlock the door when the blade is inserted and turned to the correct position. It may need to be turned further than what you think since you are manually unlocking the door.

Or...you may need to spray a lubricant inside the lock cylinder if you've never did any maintenance on the manual lock cylinder...dirt/dust/grime can gum up the works.

I suggest trying the manual unlock procedure BMW designed for access when there's no power...and again, make sure you are turning the key fully counter-clockwise (if you're LHD) to manually unlock the driver's door.

Then check the remotes battery to make sure its not discharged...and also check your car's main battery...especially if you don't know how old it is.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0