View Single Post
      01-20-2023, 12:53 PM   #51
adumesny
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i

Weird - 2 weeks later and car now says both brakes are -200+ mi past due and to 'drive carefully'

I reset them again (back to 60k) using steps above, but as soon as I drove it jumped down to 600mi! I'm guessing my sensor wire must have got damage during the removal as I wasn't able to reset the service internal with them but had to use a solid wire instead. So, I reset (using a wire) and left it in there - sensor were not that useful to start with as my front brake worn down to the metal on one side and the sensor (on the other pad) had plenty left - so better to check brake regularly than depend on tech!

Weird thing is now both brakes (even though I only disconneted then hard wired the front) reset to 3.1 and 3.7k !
this all BMW pad reset is a PAIN in the butt... and apprently rather flacky. wish the Foxwell 510E had a force reset intead of having the take the wheels off each time to access and disconnect the sensors. I don't even have 60k+ interval now (first change was 92k for me). Agrrr...

Last edited by adumesny; 01-21-2023 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 0