04-22-2023, 01:38 PM   #22
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
close, but no cigar.

The "tu quoque" fallacy revolves around the argument that the person making the statement about something bad displays the same behaviour (which doesn't take away that the behaviour is bad, that's the logical part in it).
That is clearly not the case here.
Wiki explains it better: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
It would have been a tu quoque argument if I had said that your driving around a track is just as sloppy.
But in reality we have no idea what it takes to drive this fast around the nordschleife. Probably none of us here do.
I bet most of us haven't even driven there...

I guess bachelors' wives and maidens' children are well taught.

Saddest part about this video is when Misha makes a comparison to other cars that are now either phased out or gone...
The hot hatch is a dying breed
they tried for 48 hrs in Nov and took lots of notes and knew exactly what was needed. even with all the official weight saving and track tire they still needed to drive the wheels of that thing.

I watched the incumbent record's video and the Megane was also sliding all over the place, but man the sound of that car was amazing, and it was much more agile - what a car! (no idea if they were cheating but it was amazing)

it's not that hot hatches are dying, manufacturers have lost their mind nowadays, everyone making cars that are close to 1000hp and you can't put down 1000hp into a small car.
Appreciate 0