View Single Post
      05-31-2023, 08:49 AM   #36
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
You would have to start test driving cars since you have a goal in your mind that may differ from others. Subaru BRZ, Audi A4, GTI, Civic Si, probably anything Lexus, maybe Acura. Not all are NA of course. I have actually not focused on this segment of the market because it does not appeal to me, but such cars exist since many live in areas with bad roads. I would stay away from optional larger wheel sizes that come with lower profile tires that provide less cushion and probably stay away from the highest performance model in a line.

Porsche generally rode well, but yours is the semi performance model and I don’t know what wheels you have. It is also low so you have to climb down into it and it is not practical for carrying stuff or more than 1 passenger. Great toy for an enthusiast of any age, or maybe a DD for a younger single guy.

I was going to buy a 991.2 Turbo a few years ago but realized I wound not drive it as much so I bought an F90 M5 instead. Great daily driver and I can stuff lumber, tools, trash in it or carry 4 people so I don’t need to take my wife’s Cayenne instead. I have snow wheels for the M5 for winter. No desire to drive a beater 90% of the time and park my fun car. A 911 Turbo would be a great companion to the M5.
I get you I go back and forth on (a) the 1 lame car plus 1 sports car vs (b) one better all rounder all the time.

On the one hand, with (a) you really appeciate the sports car drives, but on the other hand you rarely drive it and most of the time you are driving a lame car
and with (b) you are driving a pretty fun car all the time.

but this last week I think i swung over to the (a) side, having the right tool for the job, you enjoy both drives more

I mean the best answer is (c) a cool daily plus a sports car, but I can't justify 200kish in cars when I drive about 12000 km a year
Appreciate 0