View Single Post
      10-18-2023, 01:35 PM   #4
BimmerDKT
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 / 1998 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'll be that guy. Why do you want to spend near 100 fucking beans on a modern car that's just going to annoy the living shit out of you with beeps, bops, warnings, tech this, tech fucking that and a whole host of intrusions that do nothing but ruin the experience for you? Then you gotta deal with the fugly BW front light treatment.

The track rat car is a red herring, not apples to apples at all. Spend $15K on the BMW, do it right and drive it until it fucking dies with $85K in your pocket. Or, do the BMW right and buy a ready to go race car for far, far less than BW money. I don't know how any of you here can deal with modern cars, they are all hell bent of driving you insane with beeps and bells and whistles and beeps and screaming and warnings and touch screens and no buttons etc....100k for that... no thanks.
Fair point. I don't find all the new technology stuff that invasive. And a lot of it can be disabled. For me, the question is about time and fun factor. My time is valuable ... I've spent a large portion of my 20's wrenching/thrashing on my race cars. If I didn't have a day job and a family, I'd just buy parts and start doing the work. But that's just to get it back to normal E90 M3 status ... which is a tad slow, soft, and lacking in torque. I am admittedly a little bored with it.

The BW is only V8 manual sedan left on the market. And unlike the G80 M3, I actually like the way it looks. It looks like it is a ton of fun. But I'd like to hear from other BMW enthusiasts on whether it's worth the cash commitment ... or if a fully built out E90 is still a better car for a degenerate who just likes to drift around corners with the kids in back.
Appreciate 0