View Single Post
      01-21-2024, 07:20 PM   #11
bigbody750
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherM View Post
I just wanted to take a minute and point something out to my fellow n63 brothers/sisters.
Crank case pressure makes a massive difference in how our engines operate

If you open your oil cap and you hear a suction, it means that you Crank Case is under abnormal Vaccum. If you have symptoms like slightly un smooth shifting, reduced throttle response, or minor rough idle than you could be experiencing too much crank case pressure. Or excessive vaccum pressure.

I felt all of these symptoms and they were all very minor, but I could notice them. The N63 is designed to have between -.8 and -.10 vaccum. This amount with provide smooth idle, smooth shifts, and will NOT cause a suction on the fill cap.

If you have any of those symptoms, open your fill cap and see if you hear a suction. If you do, here is how you fix it.

Buy OEM CCV hoses for each bank, remove the rappy plastic hose in the middle, and install them with new 3/4" heater hoses from an auto store. You will notice immediately that the car operates smoother in everyway.

!!!!!! I need a video on how you did this big bro! That’s awesome. And the turbo coolant lines.
Appreciate 0