01-23-2024, 10:08 AM   #8088
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
Interested to hear LEO's perspective about dispatch on this story.

Many years ago, we got a stranger who rang the doorbell at ~8pm (after dark) on a weeknight. This was unusual, and we didn't know the guy. We talked to him through the door and I don't recall exactly what we said, but do recall it was fairly non-sensical. We asked the guy to leave, he stuck around for 15+ minutes and we called the police. Got OCSD out and they talked to the guy, who was claiming he just bought the house and it's his. The police spoke with us, my wife produced a bill with her name on the address and that solved it. The police asked him to leave. He left for 30 seconds and came back. Police were PISSED and told us we could trespass him, which we did, and they took him to jail after he failed to leave once they trespassed him.

Dude shows up 2-3 nights later. Same MO. Once we recognized him through the peephole, we didn't even speak with him, just called 911. I explained the above paragraph to dispatch and asked she send OCSD right away. She started arguing with me. "Have you asked him why he's there? Have you asked him what he wants? etc." I started getting pretty snarky in my responses at which point my wife grabbed the phone and played the "i'm a terrified woman card" and ultimately the police came. I don't recall exactly, but this time I think he left without being arrested. He never came again, so that was the end of it.

My question is .... I know dispatch fields a ton of dumb calls, but what's your take on this? Was it right of her to challenge my request for police support? [...]
Reading this kind of nonsense makes me appreciate Florida cops so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
Reborn_298.00