View Single Post
      01-30-2024, 10:01 PM   #25
nicholasn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Coupe, '09 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the hammer View Post
So I am a happy M2 owner. Really like the car (my second m2 after an m3). Anyways I知 getting bored (I知 tuned and full bolt on痴, but wanting a bit more) was thinking of getting a replacement car. I have garage space for it full time, just putting into context. I do all my own work on the cars. Kind of a hobbiest. Was thinking McLaren 650s (since it would be a lot of issues to constantly work on). Or late teens 2018段sh 911 Turbo S coupe or maybe a gt3 if I can find one in that price range. It would only be a Sunday driver and low miles annually. Budget is 200k段sh Canadian, so around 150k US. I知 not sure what I should get. Go with the reliable turbo S or go with the full time hobby 650s. I do like wrenching and such. 2 very different cars. Also would consider other cars.
Car use would be spirited canyon drives with buddies, wash and wax on Sundays, and really just oogling it daily in the garage, that痴 about it. Maybe occasional date night w dear wife.
I would go with a GT3. Not that the Turbo/S is "boring", but if this is strictly a weekend car then you need something more exciting. Especially if a highly modified M2 is already starting to bore you.

997.2 GT3 is the one to get. It's not going to be completely obscenely fast in a straight line, but will make up for it in all the other areas (especially sound). Plus it somewhat flies under the radar compared to a McLaren or something similarly exotic.

Dark horse suggestions would be a final gen Viper or Evora GT.
Appreciate 1
x622983.00