View Single Post
      02-10-2024, 10:02 AM   #4
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

There are bulletins out there pertaining to adding stick on patches of foam and whatnot to stop bowden cables and such from flapping around when closing the door and such but it sounds like your issue is with vertical bumps from road surface while driving.

At this point I would be inclined to pull the door card and look inside. Posting on forums isn't going to tell you what it is. Could be a wire harness come unfastened or who knows what. Especially if the car is "new to you" (which you haven't specified).

The thing I would check first is that it isn't something in (or stuck behind) the low compartment to the left of the steering wheel. I keep sunglasses in there and sometimes those rattle or clunk in my compartment and need a quick adjustment. It's possible from a previous owner or something long forgotten that some object could have found it's way in there. If it only makes sound while you're in the act of driving, noise from that compartment would sound the same as the speaker at the front of the door.
Appreciate 2