View Single Post
      02-11-2024, 08:54 AM   #5
kwaku415
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW 328IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiltiCoatl89 View Post
Any update on your COA (Course of Action)?
I spoke to the mechanic one last time just asking questions, and he ended up admitting that he doesn't have the proper lift that allows him to spin the wheels when it's in the air and we'd probably have to take it to the dealer. (Shouldn't have taken the job if he couldn't handle it) I gave my brother my opinion and said if it wasn't broken to begin with and it broke twice after that they're probably the culprit, and he needs to stop treating his beamer like his old Mazda cause he told me he topped up the oil twice. He has a friend with an F10 and got this mechanic who does European cars and we got in contact. But after a look at the engine bay and testing the engine mounts, I noticed his OFHG was leaking told him about it and how catastrophic it could be and he probably brushed it off. To be fair he's not the best when it comes to maintenance. The belt snapped and you know what comes with that. Got quoted 1500 for the installation of the axle and inspection of the oil pan and everything that comes with a shredded belt. So yeah, the axle is the least of our worries now but, I'm getting the warranty replacement from FCP Euro. I appreciate you for your help, when this is all over I'll let you know the actual reason.

Last edited by kwaku415; 02-11-2024 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 1