03-03-2024, 10:35 PM   #25
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
AI is scaling now logarithmically. Just looking at Sora now versus that laughable Will Smith eating pasta video over just one year is mind blowing. I think we get real AGI in two years. Fully self driving cars are looking realistically close now.

Watch out for Q by OpenAI.
The day there's AI driven cars is the day I buy a big ass tanks of a truck.

The tech industry and software engineers in general are the most sleazy, short sighted, but also lazy and self righteous fools out there. Every single project in actual cutting edge tech is held back by software engineers that are incapable of planning, and they don't care about how well something works as long as they turn it over for implementation.

Self driving cars are going to be the most error prone dangerous crap we ever allow on the streets, and the whole industry will shirk responsibility. The first time a fully autonomous vehicle runs over and kills someone, which will come very quickly, the tech industry will either plame the victim, or the passenger, and spend millions to make sure that the narrative isn't that they screwed up and launched a dangerous product, despite that will be the truth.
Appreciate 1
chassis6707.00