View Single Post
      05-09-2024, 04:06 PM   #7
SteVTEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppointer View Post
The whole rental car industry is in shambles. They can thank Uber, Lyft, and Turvo, not to mention their own poor customer service.

Last summer I tried to rent in Minneapolis, yet Hertz had nothing available months in advance except for Tesla. Instead, I was able to rent an A4 from the Audi dealership that is just a few blocks from the MSP airport.

I was a Hertz Presidents Club member for more than a decade. They lost me.
That Hertz desk in MSP is literally the worst.

Last my wife and I were there, we were renting from them, and our reserved car wasn't available on time and they just had us sitting and said it could be 4 hours. Didn't offer a free upgrade or any upgrade at all to other cars they had sitting and available. Literally we just flew in for the day to visit a friend who had terminal cancer, so I paid out of my own pocket for an upgrade to a car they had right now. To make it even worse, the sleaze bag woman behind the counter forged my signature and signed off on all of the extra insurance garbage for me, inflating the total by over a hundred dollars. Literally I NEVER do that, and never even saw the decline screen for any of it, because she had forged it!!!!! I disputed it, but they were like "well you signed for it".

Will never ever rent from them again. They are pure sh*t.