radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmathews View Post
Check out the Breitling Navitimer.
Great watch, and I would have suggested it, but it's probably a bit out of the OPs price range if he's considering the Carrera.

To the OP, As regards the Omega Caliber 1861 (Lemania 1873) vs. the Heuer caliber 16 (Valjoux 7750). From a practical/functional perspective, both will keep similar time with a certain amount of drift every day (~2-4 seconds). The Heuer is an automatic, which means it will wind itself as you wear it. The speedy movement is a manual, you will have to wind it every 2 days as it has a 48 power reserve IIRC. The real differences are 1) fit and finish (workmanship), 2) history, and 3) exclusivity. The speedy wins in all categories IMO. The valjoux is one of the most common movements out there in low end automatic watches, the Omega movement is not as common (although still not rare). To go back to your analogy, think of it as having an unmodified Toyota engine in your BMW. It's a great engine, works well, get's great gas mileage, but there's nothing particularly special about it.

BTW OP, I'm not trying to sell you on anything, just present options and information. E.g. a manual watch isn't for everyone. I just think if your spending $2000 for a watch, you should really shop around and try to get the most for your money, whatever brand that ends up being.
Appreciate 0