Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivandrago View Post
I take it your daughter in the pic is the two year old? Seems like she have enough room and quite happy to be in the M!!! The M must have the anchors right--for the baby seats? I find they make things much easier..
Yes, that is my 2 year old in the picture. Yes, the M3 has the child seat anchors in the rear. The E93 has a plastic trap door so it is actually much easier to get them in and out than my wifes 2007 X5 - she is jealous. My guess is that the E90 and E92 have the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivandrago View Post
Interesting last reply, you said you took someone out for a drive to find out if its DCT or 6speed...and he picked 6sp....I have never driven the dct and was somewhat neutral regarding the issue ( have a 6spd C6 Vette right--no seats for the kids thus the change)

perhaps I will do a serach to see what people think regarding the two trannys...obviously you like more traditional gear box!!!
It was actually someone who was getting a great deal on a 08 M3 but it was a 6MT and he thought he wanted a DCT. He did not get a really good chance to drive the 6MT in Toronto traffic and was worried that it would be too difficult with all the power, so I took him out for a bit through the city to show him how easy the clutch is on the 6MT once you get used to it.

I was also somewhat neutral on the 6MT vs DCT issue, both have merits but utimately I like to have a clutch, and it has never bothered me in traffic. There are MANY threads on DCT vs 6MT, so I would do a bit of reading on the forum. If you start a new thread just put your flame suit on

2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0