View Single Post
      04-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #55
bimmernic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 (523)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
No discount at all, option had even to be paid in full upfront. Did you hear of any discount?

Did your SE mention that the chassis can be tightened with option 223 dynamic damping control for $4,960 (ie option 2VA adaptive drive at $11,430 need not be chosen to tighten the chassis)? Also, is the only difference between option 2VA adaptive drive and option 223, the active anti-roll bar only?

My understanding is that with option 223, the i drive controller can configure the chassis and/or drivetrain like the 7 series.
Discount was like a swear word in PML's dictionary - seems like you don't get anything more than the standard discount even if you ordered 3+ cars. Guess the rising COE put paid to any margin that they had to sweeten deals
I am unsure as to what you mean by "tighten the chassis". With the Variable/Dynamic Damping Control (Option 223), the toggle allows you to do the same thing as for the 7 series. As you move from Comfort to Normal to Sport, the parameters change or, if you will, tighten.

FWIW, Autocar UK mentions that Option 223 is "Expensive but worth it, as it gives more sophisticated wheel control, better cabin isolation and improved body control". If this sounds like what you are seeking, then go for it.

Thing is, for the 535, AFAIK, Option 223 has to be ordered with 2VA (Adaptive Drive), which raises the cost by quite a bit.

You might just want to take a VDC equipped 7 series for a spin just to get a feel of how the Dynamic Driving Control affects the driving characteristics of the car.
Appreciate 0