05-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #35
Jim_in_Calgary
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi MSport - TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
I dont believe there will be any suspension/performance differences that you cant get on the 550i (or 535 for that matter) without the M-sport.

What you will find in the M-sport is strictly cosmetic, I personally dont like anything M related on my non M 550, but the aero package which I am told is more subtle for the F10 might be nice, be interested in the $ on it.

For US customers, the M-sport was never about performance, from what I am told, that will be the same across the board for F10's.

I for one think they should leave the M cosmetics for the M, maybe a purist, I bought a 550 not a M3 or M5. I know I am probably in the minority, just as I think debadging is odd but thats a whole different topic and forum I suppose.
I've been waiting for the F10 for about 2 years now. Frankly I like everything about it but am really disappointed in the appearance of the front bumper. For me waiting for the MSport appearance is worth it. I spent a significant amount of money on my 2002 330ci some years ago switching to a factory BMW M-technic bumper and in my view it dramatically improved the appearance of the car overall.

I want to LOVE the look of the car, so in my circumstances and to my mind, holding out makes sense. I guess I'll see when they release the pictures presumably in July.

08 BMW K1200S / 2002 330ci Sport (sold) / 1989 635csi (sold)
07.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LMM
09 Honda Odyssey EX-L
'75 Ford - Early Bronco
Appreciate 0