03-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #568
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek335xi View Post
i always keep 50K in so no worries.
I went on a mission for lent see how much I can make in the market and then pull out. Basically i am looking to sell fast not keep a stock in the long run.

I'm picking up some LVS puts due to this.

Sands China: Being Investigated By Hong Kong Securities Regulator
Last update: 3/30/2011 8:10:13 PM
HONG KONG (Dow Jones)--Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) unit Sands China Ltd. (1928.HK) said Thursday it is being investigated by Hong Kong's securities regulator for alleged breaches of provisions of the Securities and Futures Ordinance.
The company said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange the Securities and Futures Commission has asked the company to produce "certain documents," and it "is not permitted to comment further at this time."
Las Vegas Sands said in its annual report filed earlier this month that it had received a subpoena from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission requesting the company produce documents related to its compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and that the Justice Department "is conducting a similar investigation." The law prohibits U.S. companies from making payments to foreign officials to get or keep business.
The U.S. gambling giant said it believed the subpoena stemmed from allegations in a wrongful-termination lawsuit filed in October against the company by its former head of Macau operations, Steve Jacobs. The Nevada Gaming Control Board said it has also initiated an investigation into the same matter.
-By Kate O'Keeffe, Dow Jones Newswires; 852-2802-7002; kathryn.okeeffe@dowjones.com
Appreciate 0