jxnco
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
Haha, you wish mlai.

Jxnco, please give us a review after you have done some mileage on your new wheels. You've been with your stock long enough to give us a review more justice. Hope I am not bias, I kept selling bros here to swap their springs and wheels.
I drove for 2 months with my stock rims so I have a pretty good feel of how stock should feel like. And after driving for about 200 KM with my new set up, this is what I can say:

1. In terms of acceleration, no change at all. I don't think it's any faster or slower. Feels exactly the same as before.

2. In terms of braking, I would say braking improved by about 10-15%. This is probably because of the reduced unsprung weight ( I shed close to 45 lbs). I don't have that feeling of skidding if I hit the brakes hard. It's a heavy car and factor in how much unsprung weight it has, you have to be worried about how much momentum it has when you do a sudden stop.

3. In terms of noise, same as stock. I don't think it's any noiser. This is probably due to the tires. Michelin's are really soft and quiet. RC3 thinks the Advan's are noisier.

4. In terms of comfort, surprisingly, almost the same as stock. It's not bumpier or harsher. Well maybe just 5% harsher? My wife never noticed any change to the ride comfort. She thinks it's the same as before.

5. In terms of drop if it's too much, not at all. This was my biggest worry before. Turned out it's completely fine. The F10's tire size is big. Even with the 1.4" drop, it's still higher than most cars.

6. In terms of handling, this is where it gets interesting. I can feel better control of the car. It finally drives like a BMW. I can do sharper turns with ease at the speed I want. The car actually goes where you want it to go without any hesitation. Driving the car is a lot more fun now! Best part is, my wife noticed the body roll got reduced.

Overall, a very worthwhile upgrade. Aside from making the car look sexier, I got better performance. I highly recommend it to everyone who wishes to improve handling while maintaining passenger comfort. Of course, you need to pick the wheels, tires, and springs wisely. So far, my combo worked beautifully.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0