06-10-2020, 09:16 PM   #43
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
I am a business management major, but the worlds most "techy" business management major. I was mistaken it is the Vanos bolt recall, not the OFHG. I get asked if I am in a technology or engineering major a few times a month.
Haha, a lot of engineers on these boards, especially the ones that take on these types of projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
The shop van method for a coolant drain was effective. I believe I got most of the old green coolant out. I think in a thousand miles I will do another coolant drain. All the parts to fix FCP Euro's fuck up are on there way. I have not heard anything from them yet.

Update: I called FCP euro and they are not footing the bill for a new OFH. They just lost a good customer.
Sucks to hear, did they provide any rationale? Seems out of character for them I've always heard great things about their customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
Honestly I'd say don't do it, get a good set of mufflers if you're going catless. It's pretty damn loud, esp the cold start. I don't drive mine but 1-2 times a month now so it doesn't bother me
I appreciate the honesty. Although the setup sounds good in video, I do NOT want to experience any more drone. Been there, done that. I would probably be expecting a lot of that with the muffler delete. Will prob keep the OEM exhaust and explore options once the DP is installed.
Appreciate 0