View Single Post
      08-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #20
ADM1126
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535xi

Hi, I’m new to the forum.
I too am having vibration issues with my 2013 535xi (F10). I’ve had it since new and replacing 2 rims and all four tires did the trick; up until this past month when the car started to shutter when braking and also noticed a vibration at 65 and above. I brought it into the dealer and ended up replacing the other 2 rims, all four rotors and brake pads, and a wheel alignment Suffice to say the bill was large. AND THE VIBRATION IS WORSE!

I brought it back to the dealer and they “ checked and found the L/S thrust rod bushing torn and leaking fluid”. They want $900 to fix. I coudn’t leave the car and I declined. I also fussed about the mechanic not noticing this when they just did all the previous work. The SA apologized and will speak to his manager about pricing etc.

I’m wondering
1. if the author of the original post in this thread found and fixed the problem and

2. How difficult is it to replace these things? I did some research and a few folks mention replacing the entire arm instead of pressing in new bushings.

Thanks
Anthony
Appreciate 0