View Single Post
      08-19-2022, 11:13 AM   #11
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I use to be pretty into it. Converted a wine cooler into a large humidor. Now days I'll enjoy one every now and then. I have been more into my pipe lately. I tend to enjoy the pipe more as there's little to do to "maintain" the tobacco, theres a ton of variety and I can get stuff with much lower nicotine than a cigar and I like the fact I can control how much tobacco I put in it. So if I only want to be out an hour or less I can do half a bowl or what not.

I still keep some sticks around and will have one occasionally. When I was really into it I liked a lot of the sticks by Tatuaje and Drew Estates especially their Liga Privada stuff and Undercrown is still a go to. I was really into La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor.

Ok, I need your help then. I just recently got a pipe, fairly small bowl I'd say, and I cannot get it to stay lit. Is that normal? I'm talking about basically needing to relight each draw, assuming I give the pipe a break of a minute or two between draws.

If I try to emulate a chimney, it will stay lit (sometimes, sometimes not even that), but that's unpleasant.

I dribble the tobacco in to about the top, then tamp it with my fingers to about midway, take a bit of a draw (little resistance, kind of like a sucking through a straw sound I'd say), then dribble in to the top again and tamp in 3/4 ish, maybe a little more, and then fill to top again.

Then I do the false light / charring, let it go out, then light for real. I don't know what my problem is - is it how I'm packing it? Is it the bowl being small? Am I just an idiot maybe?

Tobacco doesn't feel wet, but I guess I could leave it out for 10-15 min next time...I just go from pouch to bowl right now.
Appreciate 1