View Single Post
      04-21-2022, 11:01 AM   #31
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowBMW View Post
You aren't actually getting 30 pounds of boost into the motor. Based on the logs you were getting throttle plate closure because you're over boosting, which can be a good thing if you get it tune properly. I didn't see a channel for manifold pressure which is after the throttle plate. That's what it's letting into the motor. The throttle plate acts as a control so that you don't shove too much boost into the motor and what happens is then it will start to close if you are over boosting and all that pressure is backed up into the charge pipe and you get 30 pounds of boost in the charge pipe but not 30 pounds of boost flowing into the motor. It's a common misunderstanding when people say that they hit X pounds of boost. I always like to look at logs because then you can see where they're reading the boost from and what kind of boost you can actually hold to red line. Depending on how you were logging and what the driving conditions are you can put your motor under a lot of load to artificially produce boost but if you go from a dig wide-open throttle that will typically give you a true reading of what kind of boost you can hold to red line.

If you're making more boost this is a good thing I would just recommend a custom tune to take advantage of what you can now make.
It doesn't seem normal for boost target to be at 30psi. Do you have any insight into why it would set the target to 30psi for, effectively, no reason?
Appreciate 0