View Single Post
      06-29-2018, 12:35 AM   #29
budmun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Nice project. The only thing that makes me scratch my head is why you are not looking for more power, it's so much easier to do when engine is out (ICs, bigger turbos, DPs etc). I understand you are trying to save money, but why not take it slow in that case and when time comes you'll have a nice powerful 550i instead of ordinary weakish yet another n63 (that will start leaking probably on the first day again). I mean if it's a hobby/project for weekends - why not do it once and do it right while you are at it? Unless you are in a rush of course.
No rush. Just dont see the value of adding more horsepower to a mid size family sedan. Perhaps you live near the autobahn but the speed limit in most highways near me is 65mph; pretty sure a 400 horsepower 5 series will get there and beyond fast enough. besides the major drawbacks to all the mods mentioned. bigger turbo = more spool time; same for intercoolers. Catless dps smell and dont add much gain for the price. Been down this road with my 335.

Someday I will get a real dedicated sports car but this project was just for something to do on the weekends.
Appreciate 0