View Single Post
      08-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #18
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F10 M5 CP 600 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tek View Post
Many thanks for breaking this down in a very simple way.
I will speak to the dealer and it might mean waiting a few weeks. I will like to get this right. Unfortunately for me the dealer is in France and I'm in Ireland so its not a matter of Trying on wheel and returning it if it doesn't suit.
The fault is not even mine as even the invoice he gave me was for the ET35/45.
Hankook ventus tires just came through smh.
245/35 and 285/30

I used some online offset calculator and its saying I will get 23mm poke with the ET20. That's a whole 2cm. Even looking at my stock 17 wheel another 1 cm will make it flush. 2cm is way too much.

Thanks again.
OK I see. Distant dealer is a problem. The initial invoice ET35/45 was just a standard one, and we knew what to do: spacers, however this is extra cost plus another set of longer lug bolts.. Good to hear you've got the tires.
Online calculation was not correct, with 9" the ET20 pokes 5-6mm, ET25-26 will be fine.

You can try another dealership. Maybe call Vertini Wheels UK http://vertiniwheels.com/Dealers.html
Wheel factories hate to deal with the individuals (you see why), but normally every modern tire shop can be a customer representative between you and the factory.

Good luck
Appreciate 0