View Single Post
      05-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

2 weekends ago I went on a road trip to running springs to visit my brother, as you may or may not know the n63 likes to burn oil, about a quart of oil in 1500-2500 miles so I checked mine just before we hit the road. I was almost a full quart low and topped it off just be before we set sail, I checked the level again as I was driving towards the freeway onramp. The freeway onramp which is about an 1/8th mile long and I like to stomp on it and just as I hit 100mph I got the drivetrain malfunction reduced power warnings. So I exited at the next exit and pulled over turned off the car turned it on and let the oil level finish, I checked the control messages and nothing, no malfunctions everything was ok. I spent the next 3 hours driving betwen 95 and 140mph and never got another warning. Did you by chance check the oil before you got your error? I learned something new that day and wanted to share my experience, Dont haul ass while your car is checking the oil level. I miss the dipstick.
Appreciate 0