06-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #48
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Well, putting together the voting poll really just requires a little practice. Anyone that's done it once could put together a big poll. Unfortunately, most of us don't get a ton of practice and putting the poll together only happens a couple of times per year. Splitting things up further would probably just add to the confusion. Besides, when will you ever know if the contest is going to be big or small? We've had quite a contrast in entries among the last few contests.

A note to future contest organizers, it does take a little bit of planning and organization to put it all together. Thinking you're going to just throw it together could be a mistake, unless it's a small contest. You need to organize files with a number, name and image for each entry and keep them in order so that you don't lose track of where you are as you paste info into the Thread Manager. I actually set up a Set in my Flickr account that only I can see. I put the entries in there in order and use a Flickr tool that gives me BBCode to post here. I open Flickr in one browser page and this site in another and put them side by side, so I can easily move from one image to the next. Flickr accounts are free, but Image Shack and some of the other imaging sites have similar aids.

Dave