Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfan55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrNinja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfan55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrNinja View Post
Make sure Vanos bolt recall has been done, other then that its a solid car. I have 108k on mine and just general maintenance has been done.

Just realized this thread is from 2018.
You guys are in the minority. The n55 from 2011 it's a pita when it comes to maintenance. Expect to spend at least 8k in the next 3 years to keep it on tip top shape. Hpfp, lpfp, coils, axles, spark plugs, injectors... to name a few are always in need of attention
I'm on 3 years and some change have done both front axles cause boot and wheel bearings for peace of mind. Valve cover and gasket, ofhg, oil cooler gasket. spark plugs. Also transmission fluid change and pan. Nothibg major has gone wrong knock on wood. Has been damn reliable.
Happy to hear! My fiends and I all own bmws of vintage, and the n54 an n55s have been needy. Love the cars, maintaneance is steep if you're not mechanically inclined.
Yeah I do my own work its always nice to be able to save doing that. I always tell everyone if they can work on a bmw themself then go ahead. otherwise make sure its under warranty. if not better have $$$.
Damn I wish I could be handier. Although I do fine carpentry and good with tools, every time I try to do something on my beemer I end up screwing up lol.
Appreciate 1
BurrNinja430.50