08-02-2020, 06:39 AM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
No, that's the lower charge pipe. Goes from intercooler to upper charge pipe (the one 99% of people replace), and upper charge pipe goes to throttle body. I assumed OP was asking about the turbo to intercooler pipe (turbo outlet pipe), which is on the passenger side of the vehicle. Him calling the lower charge pipe a turbo boost pipe is... confusing.

But yea, both lower charge pipe and the turbo outlet pipe are fine on stock turbo. The reason the upper charge pipe fails is due to the sensor introducing a weak point. The lower charge pipe has no such weak point.
i dunno bro i think this is the pipe you're referring to. i know this because from under the car drivers side has the red flexible tubing when i put the IC the other day. the passenger side felt like a long pipe that goes up. this picture is what you get when you order the complete charge pipe kit. let me find it

edit: so here's the kit

i could be wrong tho?? i'll have to do more research

here's the link to the LIC which to me has to be the left side piping. unless this is the right side pipe but in one piece? fack i don't know lol

here's the description:
Retains factory style o-ring lock flange. Precision CNC machined flange ensures leak free connection to the turbocharger and intercooler. Quick and easy connection and disconnection. Ideal connection compared to the silicone hose and hose clamp connection found in all other aftermarket charge pipe upgrades available in the marketplace.
https://x-ph.com/evolution-racewerks...arge-pipe-lic/
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 08-02-2020 at 06:54 AM..
Appreciate 0