Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbs View Post
I stumbled across this site researching the 5 Series GT. My lease is up on my 6 convertible and I've been looking for something more practical... I think the GT may be it. The back end was a turnoff at first, but the more I've seen it (esp. in person) the more I've come to like it. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and have a few questions, if anyone can help with them...

1) Any packages or features you can't live without? (or conversely, that you wish you'd skipped?) In general I tend to choose cars that are pretty loaded, but the newer models have certain new features that I've never experienced first hand (land departure warning, blind spot detection, rear climate controls, etc.) which I'm not sure I need. Advice?

2) I've done a search and it looks like there aren't any GTs stateside that will come close to the configuration I'm thinking of, which means I'll likely need to custom order mine. Any advice when doing so, esp. as regards negotiating pricing?

3) I'm thinking of doing European Delivery given the cost savings, but have heard it adds significantly to the delivery time. Has anyone done it, and would you recommend it?

4) I'm having a hard time deciding on an exterior color.... almost all the photos I've found online are of the two GT-specific colors (Orion Silver and Neptune Blue). I'm leaning toward Dark Graphite, Space Gray, or maybe Titanium Silver. Anyone have some high-res photos of their car in any of these colors?

Thanks!
Personally, I think the Nappa Seats are well worth it. I think the essential items are premium sound, 4zone climate, camera package, sport package/dynamic handling, HUD, Convenience Package, and Driver Assistance. I went beyond that with Night Vision, Ceramic Conrtols, Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Rear Entertainment and phone prep. my car is dark graphite metalic. You can see photos in my album.

This is definitely a car you spec to your liking.

Welcome to the dark-side LOL
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0