View Single Post
      03-19-2018, 09:21 PM   #5
ToniBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i 4dr BLK 16,500mls

Hi! I have a 2014 535i with 16,500 miles / fully loaded w/ navigation, back up camera, etc.

My new car warranty expires tomorrow at midnight. I plan to keep the car for at least two more years. This is my third BMW and with both of my two previous cars (3 series) I started having problems after 24,000 miles. I have not had one issue with my 5 series (although in the four years I've not driven it much except for on the highway.)
I went to my local BMW dealership and my Service Advisor quoted me the following prices for a BMW Extended Service Contract (terms are from an in service date of 3/21/2014 @ zero miles.

Maintenance Only / 2 year / 50k miles = $2295

Mechanical Plans:
Platinum / 72months / 75k miles = $4699
Gold / 72 months / 75k miles = $4349

The service manager said this is the best pricing he can provide. However, a month ago they gave me the exact print out (but the pricing was $1000 lower) for the gold and the platinum plans. The Service Manager said he doesn't set the pricing, that BMW sets the pricing and it fluctuates constantly. Is this true?

Does anyone know if these prices are negotiable? Should I just purchase the maintenance plan? Should I call around to other BMW Dealerships to see what type of pricing they can offer?

I have to make a decision pretty quick because tomorrow my new car factory warranty expires. I really appreciate any help that anyone can provide to me.

Thank you so much!
Appreciate 0