View Single Post
      03-02-2022, 06:32 AM   #20
95blkmax
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 535 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesmarinara75 View Post
Brow.. and BlkMax... I currently have step colder plugs, If I go with the B5b coils, should I use the same colder plugs?.. or go with what was stock?
You can use your same colder plugs as you have a PS2. But you'll be able to run a larger gap (be sure to speak to your tuner if you're on custom tuning as they'll be able to further adjust your tune and tell you exactly what gap to run the plugs at)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
Well, now you've got me interested.

My F10 is 3 or 4/2011 production (different places say different things). As far as I know I have original coils, but the plugs have supposedly been replaced under a warranty RO by the dealer. (The injectors were also supposedly replaced, but I'm suspicious whether it was done, or it was done and they skipped coding the compensation numbers into the DME because it's never idled quite right since they replaced all of the injectors. I'm going to explore if I have any hope of reading the flow compensation numbers off of the injectors while they're installed. Based on research I don't think I want to pull them just to read a number and then reinstall them.)

Anyways - Any good threads or guides on choosing the right adapter kit depending on the different versions of things one might have etc...? Maybe I'll put B58 coils and plugs on the 2022 list along with a few other things, but I would be ordering cross-border so I need to get all the right stuff the first time.
PM me the last 7 of your VIN and I'll tell you exactly when it rolled out the factory.

So mine was built April 2011 and this is what my injector bracket looks like (metal T)...

So the Nexsys kit that is currently made works perfectly on this kit. BroBMW's has the early N55 injector bracket/ plate and it's that format that would require the slight modding to make it fit. Nexsys is allegedly working on an early N55 kit already but I do not know when it will release.

Yea unfortunately to see the #s on our injectors they do have to come up and out of the cylinder head as they are on the side. Meaning you'll want to have 6 decoupling elements (metal crush ring seals) and 6 nylon seals (the seals at the tip of the injectors). None of them are reusable.