View Single Post
      07-30-2019, 12:55 PM   #4414
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
This right here. My wife has always accused me in the past of always holding back just a little. But when you have gone through what I have in the past...I can't help it.

I mentioned it before...I learned a long time ago I could be perfectly content being by myself. I could pick up "company" for a night or two pretty much whenever I wanted it...so I didn't have that aspect to be needy about.

It's selfish to admit, but I don't ever see my self being able to go "all in" again. Once was enough and I go burned for something she even admitted was her mistake. She was ready to get back together within 2 weeks of me leaving telling me she screwed up.

I told her that it wasn't happening. I could forgive but not forget. We are friends now and she has kids, but will still say that she made the ultimate mistake and realizes it.

Now granted I did pretty good for myself after it was just me and my daughter..so the materialistic side of it could be some of the reasons why she still insists that.

I have a good wife now. She is totally committed. But I told her that just because of the way I am because of my past..it doesn't change how I feel about her. She knows my character and that I would never intentionally hurt her. But she also knows that I'm not one for playing games either.
Uncanny. Same page. The girlfriend and I were talking Friday night and she mentioned that she feels like I hold back.....I do. I love and care for her. I will never do anything intentionally to hurt her, but I will never go all in again. It's great when you fall in love with someone and simply can't get enough of them. I also feel like everyone experiences this once in life. If you experience this more than once, you need to stop what you are doing and go see a counselor because something is wrong with you. If I stick my head in an oven and burn all my hair off, (this isn't what happened to my hair btw) you can bet your ass I will never do it again. People that want to go all in, have never experienced this level of crazy that it brings you to, or have issues to where they don't mind making the same mistake over and over again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being somewhat emotional, we are human - we are suppose to feel emotion; however, emotion should never supersede intellect or common sense.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8209.00
Dang3r12512.00