View Single Post
      07-07-2017, 01:23 AM   #5
Willisodhiambo
Kenya
Rep
Drives: 2010 F10 535i, Most options in

Had a similar issue. On a long drive I came across an unexpected speed bump and stomped on my brakes like I have never done in my life. Foe a good 5 seconds it felt like the brakes were jelly but they did their job. The next day braking from 200kph resulted in very loud grinding sound. Took the wheels off and the front rotors had reddish spots on them. Took them out and had them turned.

Hellish vibrations introduced after this turning. Removed them and asked the workshop to turn them again since they were still within spec. There was improvement but that unbearable pulsation was still present. Bought new rotors and it is now as smooth as silk!

I am skeptic doing the aggressive 8 or so break in stops. Reading INSTA there is only mention of gentle us for 200km or so to break them in. I am going with that seeing that majority of cars are not broken in aggressively and seem to do just fine.

I noticed these rotors emerge rather "rough" from the lathe. It is as if they are made of softer material compared to most.
Appreciate 0