View Single Post
      03-21-2015, 05:36 PM   #6
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

Ezmaass,

Thank you. In a round about way, that's exactly the answer I was trying to find. Oddly, I think you and Boss330 may agree more than he realizes. The drivetrain matters. I'm sure they are very nice sedans, but an automatic 528 is a no-starter for my taste. The manual is simply mandatory. It seems the 550's extra power might be offset by extra trouble. So, I'd do well to be open to either engine as the selection is so slim I may never find the one I would have ordered with unlimited funds in the fall of 2010.

I've been purposefully driving my wife's 6-speed 535xi touring more than normal. It's a terrific car and very engaging IMHO with the manual. So, manual first, color second... gotta be blue! I'd be open to a red or green, but we know how likely that is! I know, that's no way to proceed, but I'm still getting my ducks in order so time is on my side. I think I'm about 8 weeks out from being ready to pull the trigger, but I can wait lots longer for the right car. I'm looking forward to a one-way flight and a long drive home if that's what it takes.

I just wanted to be fairly certain that the 535 would be very bit as enjoyable as a 550. Sounds like it is. But I think I'd roll the dice and buy the V8 given the choice!
Appreciate 0